Wednesday, October 11, 2017

40th Chicago Marathon (3:42:56)

What a day!  This was my first Chicago Marathon and the course and the vibe were fantastic!
All flat, first half was quite nice with shade and second half was a bit challenge fighting with the brutal heat and mentally myself.  I felt the degree of efforts wasn't any different than running 50K or 50M trail races.  I felt bad when I had to walk which happened several times mostly at the water station.  I need to train better with high volume of mileages and core strength + squat.  Got lots of lessons needed to practice.


Always pleasant to running into my family on the course.  This was probably mile 13.

Finisher medal and beer - can't go wrong...

strava data: https://www.strava.com/activities/1221422968

No comments:

Post a Comment