Friday, July 15, 2016

DWD Devils Lake 50K (5:59:09; 62/204)


It was a bit humid, but a great day to run. The course was great; the back-to-back single track was not my favorite that you keep bumping into other runners. Maybe I was getting tired...

On Friday morning (July 8th), we drove to wheeler's campground, WI. The reviews of the camp site were quite split with good and bad, but we had no choice since devil's lake state park had no camping spot for us. In fact, we enjoyed our stay at wheeler's and my personal opinion is this is a place for a family.



On Saturday morning, I got up at 4 am while my family was asleep. It must be too much for them to come with me so I sneaked out. At 5:30 am, 50k/50mi events began while I was still preparing my gears to get started meaning I was getting late. As a result, I was stuck with a pack of people who preferred to walk. :-(

The course was very challenging. As a flatlander, I was under prepared for this, but felt I was lucky to be out there and enjoyed the mountain.

Elevation gain: 3174 ft



I might come back with better plans next year!



strava data: https://www.strava.com/activities/637036223

My next race is evergreen lake ultras (34miles) on Setp 10th.

No comments:

Post a Comment