Monday, June 20, 2016

Preparation for DWD50k

As my first ultra race is coming in 3 weeks (7/9/16), I have been thinking about what to wear, what to drink, and what to carry. Here are some of the things I tried and am going to try.

Nike Terra Kiger 3 (note: didn't work for me)
This is a very comfortable shoe with a fairly light weight (~9oz). Out of the box, I felt like this could be my go-to-shoe for ultra races. After running for about 20~30miles,  however, it became very difficult to lift up my knees to move one foot ahead of the other as my legs get tired, . So I decided not to keep it. :(

Orange Mud HydraQuiver Vest Pack 1



I was a little skeptical after a negative review from the ginger runner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FAarC8xEWM
But, it turned out that I like the product having a few runs after. Perhaps, it's too soon to say, but it looks like I am good with this product for DWD50k. The only downside would be the price tag. Yes. It's quite expensive.

Two trail shoes are on the way and I can't wait to try them out. Hopefully I can wear one of them on the race day.

1) ASICS FujiLyte 

I just finished DWD Devil's Lake 50K with this shoe and I am satisfied! 



 2) Vibram Spyridon MR

This is another very nice shoe for trail running, but I am glad I didn't pick this over ASICS FujiLyte for the DWD race for I would feel less confidence running on sharp rocks. I use this for daily trail training runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment