Friday, May 29, 2015

Rockford marathon: the game is on

I signed up this marathon without knowing much about the course or reputation, but mainly due to the special price offer ($19) for the first 150 people.  It seems this is not an easy one to conquer if one expects a fast-time finish. However, I was glad that this is my first spring road marathon and one of two chances that I can update full marathon PR. I will run one more in the fall --Grand Rapids Marathon in Michigan.

elevation

Due to unforeseen family issues, I was unsure whether I can participate in this event.  My wife is out of country to help her mom fight against cancer so I am with my boy who needs my full attention.  Thankfully, my wife's best friend offered me a babysitting on the race day.

I am glad that I can run this, but it's 100 miles away from my home.  Initially, we planned to be at the rockford town on Saturday enjoying a water park and then stay at a hotel.  Now, I need to leave my home at 3 am to get there by 5 am such that I can pick up my packet and get ready. The race will start at 6am.  All in all, I can sense it's going to be a tiring day, but mentally I think I am ready.

course map


No comments:

Post a Comment